Thursday, September 26, 2002

My Desk @ Home


Ok so this is a blatent rip-off of Sugarmama's
idea. So? ;)




  1. Webcam - I don't use this as much now that I figured out how to get my webcam software to accept my TV input. Generally when I'm at home I'm pretty grungy, so I prefer to leave it off anyway. It's on a tripod for a better angle. This tripod also works with my camera.

  2. Lucky Bamboo - I have has this for about 6 months now. I really like it, but so does my cat, Sophie. She keeps eating the leaves! So I moved it up on top of my monitor in hopes that it's leaves will begin to grow back.

  3. MP3 CDs - When I was ripping a lot of my CDs to MP3 and downloading my old favorites, I would burn them onto CD to take to work with me. Now they are mostly just used for archive purposes, incase my hard drive crashes.

  4. Game CDs - I have a lot of games, but I don't play them all and the ones I do, not so often. I have a few that are over 5 years old!

  5. Wacom Drawing Tablet - This was one of my birthday presents. Ok so I bought it with my birthday money, same difference. For those who don't know, this is a digital pad, with a pen like stylist that you can use to digitally draw with. Think of those digital signiture tablets they have at some stores now. It's like that but about 1000 time better.

  6. Microphone Headset - This is basically just a pair of head phones with a microphone boom. I use this to talk to Melly online. It was well worth the investment.

  7. Dual 17" Monitors - I have a dual-head video card in my computer. That means I can drag windows and my mouse from screen to screen. It's like having a really long monitor with a bunch of plastic in the way. It's a bit weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's a great thing. It's specially nice with applications like Photoshop or Illustrator which will have a drawing area with over-lapping pallets. With two screens you can move the pallets to the other screen and have one reserved strictly for drawing/painting.

  8. DBZ VCDs - These are my Dragon Ball Z (DBZ) Video CDs (VCD). I have two created thus far, but I have enough recorded episodes, recorded using my TV capture card, to create probably 5 or 6 more. I can fit 3 episodes on a CD. It's not bad, but the quality isn't fantastic. This is mostly just a pet project. I like the show a lot, but I'm not going to sell these. They are for my enjoyment.

  9. Home Built PC - I made my own PC about a year and a half ago. Its not bad. There are a lot of toys in it. I can't complain, though of course I'd love a faster one.

  10. Joystick - No snide remarks about this. I use this when I'm playing Unreal Tournament or Quake 3. This in combination with my mouse makes me a pretty deadly warrior. But I'm no gaming god. I actually bought it for a space flight simulator that I never play.

  11. Hardware Firewall - Zone Alarm, BlackIce, Norton....bah! They ain't got nothin' on this bad boy! It also lets me do VPN (Virtual Private Networking) into the office network.

  12. Cable Modem - A company perk, along with the firewall. The BIG boss pays for my Internet access so I can remotely access and administer the servers and desktops from home. My boss is so cool.

  13. Cell Phone - My $50 cell phone. It has crappy range, but for the price I can't complain. I don't have a regular land-line. This IS my phone.

  14. Watch/Car Keys - I take my watch off and remove my keys from my pants as soon as I get home.

  15. Optical Mouse - Possibly the best computer invention ever! I don't know how I was ever able to put up with a regular balled mouse after using this for over a year now. Plus the red laser is STILL cool. If you haven't tried out an optical mouse, do yourself a favor and do it. They are getting a lot cheaper now too. You can get an optical IBM mouse from CompUSA for $19.95! That's a good deal.


I hope this didn't look like I was bragging about my stuff. If I was I would have mentioned all the goodies in my computer. LOL But seriously, i just thought you might like a little peek into my world. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

No comments: