Saturday, February 15, 2003

Say what?


I just heard the most absurd thing on tv. I was flipping through the channels and one of the news stations was focusing on peace demonstrations in New York City. The reporter was talking to a man, who looked like a fairly intelegent person, about a law suit that he and others are bringing up.

He wants to sue the government because he doesn't want his MARINE son to be killed or have to kill anyone. HELLO!!! He's a trained killer! That's his job. He joined the miltary to defend the United States and human life from scum like Saddam and Bin Laden.

Now I can understand the father not wanting to see he son killed, but it's the MILITARY. If that law suit goes through it will be a sad day for the protection of our country.

I'd like to hear from this Marine. Every Marine I've ever met has been amazingly loyal to the US and takes great pride in their training and their job. I suspect that the son of this dimwit is pretty upset with his father right now.

God that pisses me off. I didn't join the military because I'm a bit of a pacifist. I'd rather things not lead to war, but I doubt there is any other way. Eventually those two psychos are going to attack the US again. Better to be proactive. If we are reactive they will just pick at us over and over again. How many 9/11s need to happen?

No comments: