Roasted Chicken Not-Really-Mexican Quesadilla
A recipe I made up:
- 1 Skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Lawry's 30 minute Marinade - Havana Garlic & Lime
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Menudo spice mix
- 2 or 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup shreaded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large flower torillas
- Olive oil
- Place chicken and marinade into a zip-lock bag. I allow mine to marinade over night.
- Once marinated place the chicken in the oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. I use a toaster oven for this.
- Add some olive oil to a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion. Season with the Menudo spice. I buy my Menudo in the ethnic isle at Super Walmart. Other Mexican spices could be substituted. Cook vegitables until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are soft and lightly carmelized.
- With a little olive oil (I used the excess oil from the vegitable saute), brush one side of a tortilla and place on a cookie or pizza sheet, oiled side down.
- Next, lightly cover the tortilla with cheese.
- Then, place the sliced roasted red pepper on the cheese layer.
- Slice the chicken breast thinly, at a slight bias, and arange on top of the red pepper.
- Add an additional layer of cheese.
- Place the cooked onion and mushroom on top of that layer of cheese.
- Spread the last of the cheese across this layer.
- Brush oilve oil on the second tortilla. Again, only on one side. Place it oil side up.
- Place in the oven, at 375 degrees, for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Slice in quarters and enjoy!
Feeds one hungry guy. This is a hearty meal and quite good, if I do say so myself. LOL