Sunday, April 07, 2002

Site Update

I just made a major major change to my Terragen art gallery page. I used layering to achieve a look that would not be possible with frames or CSS (i don't think). I played a little bit with CSS today, but I didn't really get the hang of it, yet. Once I do, look out!

My redo of the Terragen, as cool as it looks now, I suspect is only the beginning. I'm not certain that is the final design, so I'm probably not going to distribute the design through the rest of the site. I like the color scheme still, but it needs a little something else. It's a tad bland. I'm supposed to be an artist and designer right? I think learning CSS will assist in color consitancy. Currently there are only about 5 or 6 primary colors, including white and black, so it's not too difficult to remember those. But if I start working with various shades of a color, like blue. I'll need something to remind me what shade goes here and there. CSS will allow me to configure it once and then apply it evenly through out the site.

The drag of course is that I'd have to rebuild all the pages. I can run ASP on my site, but there isn't enough active content to warrent it. Perhaps if my site was being hit often for my art I might do something along those lines, but for now the thumbnail views will be fine.

No comments: