Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Lost a fan


I'm afraid one of my favorite bands has really disappointed me. KMFDM, an industrial band that's been around since the 80's, has released a new album, WWIII. Unfortunately it's been released under Sanctuary Records, a member of the RIAA. I'm not certain why they jumped ship from Metropolis Records. Metropolis isn't a member of the RIAA, they have some great artists working with them and they are great with their customers. Apparently they and KMFDM had some kind of disagreement. That's really too bad.

Because I am boycotting the RIAA I will not be buying this album. I will not be stealing any of the songs from file sharing applications either.

KMFDM will be playing in Atlanta, the closest show to me, in November, but I'm not even sure if I want to go to that now either. I really feel like a jilted fan.

I will be removing the KMFDM link banner from the right side of my home page as well. Sorry guys. Love the music, but I won't be buying your CD.

Until artists can be DIRECTLY compensated for their music, I'll be sticking with Indi-labels and net radio (Digital Gunfire).

No comments: