Sunday, November 10, 2002

Out of Town


Yes i know I've been bad about posting lately. Sorry about that. I've been very busy and had personal issues that were more important that playing with my website.

I'm going to be a disappointment yet again because tomorrow at noon i'm heading for the Big Apple for some training, on a software package. It's a four day class and I'll be spongeing up all I can. I may post in the evening if I have time. I'm not making any promises though.

Since flying me back Sunday costed the company the same as flying me back Friday night, I elected to spend the weekend up there with my brother. He lives in the city. He's lived there about 5 years, perhaps 6 now and I've never been up there to see him. We've gotten together for family trips and what have you, but I've not seen his place. This will be fun. I imagine he'll enjoy showing off his pad and town. He's 24 so I'm sure he's proud of what he's accomplished. I can't say I blame him. That's not an easy city to win and he did. Considering we both grew up in Nebraska and a very rural part of northern California, we both do very well in the city. My sis is very much a country girl. Go figure.

So we'll hit the town and stuff. I'll take my camera and get some pictures. I've flown into NYC before and drove through it to get to other locations, but never actually spent any time in the city itself. This should be a lot of fun, especially since I'll have two excellent guides. Not only my brother, but his girlfriend who grew up in the city.

Well I better go pack.

No comments: