Monday, July 15, 2002

I think I'm turning PC!


I've been reading a few other blogs here and there and I realized that I've become or have always been a big wuss! These guys speak thier minds and that is cool. Sure its a bit caustic, but they don't hide behind politically correct words and phrases!

I've always considered myself just middle of the road. Live and let live. Don't judge others. Etc. etc. But does this mean I'm open minded or just a wimp for not stating what I really feel.

Honestly it does depend on the situation. Take illegal drugs for example. I wouldn't do partake myself, but that's just cuz I act like i'm on speed all the time anyway. *grin* But seriously, I don't feel the need for them. Others may though. It's more complicated than saying, "As long as it doesn't hurt me, I don't care." Frankly the organized crime that distributes the drugs is more dangerous to society than the drugs themselves. There are many very compelling reasons to make them all legal. Alcohol is legal and look how many people it kills, but making it illegal only causes social dissidence and revolt, been there, tried that. The cost to asist those with problems would be much less than "The War on Drugs".

I don't know what those dumb asses on capital hill are thinking, but some where someone's pockets are getting lined with filthy cash. Bastards.

No comments: