Sunday, July 28, 2002

Freak Hollow


Well my company had its summer picnic Friday. It was actually fun though there were a few individuals, who shall remain nameless that I could have lived without. But that isn't the freaky part. It was our location! A few people, one of them was one of the name, who incidently left early, suggested SMILEY HOLLOW. I was teasing the kids and telling them it was really Sleepy Hollow and they should run for the covered bridge if they saw the Headless Horseman. Yes, there WAS a covered bridge!

Looking at their website you'll see a few of the creepy smiley faces. They were every where! Ya know I don't like clowns and now these hick fools are trying to ruin my love for the smiley face! Ugh! Something unsettling about old satellite TV dishes painted yellow with black smiley faces on them, nailed to trees. Makes me think of that 80's B-horror flick, “Motel Hell” where the guests were knocked out, then “planted” in the ground only to be later smoked and processed into sausages.

Hey did I mention they had some really good smoked pulled BBQ pork? Not as good as Witt's or Hog Heaven, but it did the trick. They also had some very good corn bread cakes (like pancakes, but make with cornbread mix, for those not from or in the south.), corn on the cob and BBQ baked beans, though I'm some what suspicious that the beans were from a can not homemade.

They had their own mini-golf putting range, horseshoes “rings” and basket ball hoops. There was sand volleyball, but my company isn't exactly full of energetic young athletes. A few of the guys look like they are pregnant! When are you due boss? Heh ;)

All in all it was good because people couldn't run off and do their own things. It was small and quaint. About perfect for the size of our company. And since most of the employees have families there were kids every where and there was plenty for them to do.

Ok so the place was a bit seedy and when I visited the website I about fell out of my chair laughing. I didn't think they were serious at first! The website is still a joke, but hey I had a good time anyway. Mostly cuz there were little kids every where. :) I'm just a big little kid after all.

Nope I'm not gonna bitch about the government or the entertainment industries today.

No comments: