Wednesday, May 29, 2002

-- Tip of the Day --


Power Drinks - I can't vouch for Red Bull, as I've yet to try it, but I have tried two others; Mountain Dews' AMP and SoBes' Adrenaline Rush.

For those who don't quite get the concept of these drinks. They are not like Gatoraid or Poweraid which are intended to rehydrate the body and provide electrolytes and salts that your body uses up while working out. Energy drinks are usually highly caffeinated and contain various levels of sugars, some refined, others not. Some have other herbs and vitamins as well.

My tip, comparing AMP and Adrenaline Rush is to skip AMP and go with AR. If you compare the ingredients alone, you will see a striking difference! AR has fewer unpronounceable ingredients and the nutrition label shows much more bang for your buck.

That brings me to the next reason AR is better than AMP. It's CHEAPER! Here it's about $1.50 for AR, vs. almost $3.00 for AMP. That's a big difference and NOT worth it.

Lastly, but no less important, AR tastes MUCH better. There is a crisp natural fruit flavor, which I have yet to identify. The sugar content, while high, does not leave your mouth feeling sticky and wishing for a glass of water.

I hope this helps save some people from wasting their money on Mountain Dews' AMP. Sorry guys, it's a crappy product, stick with soda.

No comments: