Tuesday, March 23, 2004

New and Important challenge


Well I've finally decided to seriously look at becoming a home owner. I've talked about it before but I was mostly just talking the talk, but I wasn't even considering walking the walk.

It's not that I don't want to own a house, I do. I'm just scared of the whole process. I'm afraid someone will try to pull a fast one on me. Granted, I know a lot about houses thanks to many remodels with my dad. That also gives me the ability to fix up some things, but I don't have time or the interest to do a major remodel. I have no problem with the idea of changing some fixtures and the like, but I just don't want to HAVE to do months of work before it's even comfortable. I lived in too many of those homes as a kid. I don't want to as an adult.

I'm also scared of the banks. I don't like banks much and I'm not a big fan of money in general. But with a house you have to have LOTS of money. More than I've ever had. To me that is a daunting prospect. However, I have to face those fears because I'm not going to own a house any other way.

Any of my wonderful readers have any websites or advice that would be helpful please leave me a comment or send me an email. Thanks!!

No comments: