Sunday, March 07, 2004

28 Days Later...


I finally watched this movie last night. It was entertaining and exhausting at the same time. If you have a weak stomach or just can't handle blood, don't watch this movie. It's violent and very bloody in certain scenes. There were times when I thought, "I really didn't need to see that."

That being said the 'infected' were quite effective in their scare factor. They were crazed, very quick and deadly. This made you feel they could pop out from anywhere at any time.

There is some brief male nudity, front and back. I personally didn't care, but some might find that 'wrong'. However, if you have a problem with nudity, then you're likely to have a problem with the violence, so you shouldn't watch this movie anyway. There were some bare female breasts too, but they were pasty zombie boobs, not all that attractive at all. I'm sure there were some necrophiliacs out there that got excited. Wierdos.

When I was through watching the movie it was close to 10:30 pm. I was wiped out from the movie. It was an emotional roller coaster. A few tender moments intertwined with the scares as well as with suspense and many other intense emotional tools. The film maker definitely succeeded in producing a movie that kept you on the edge of your seat.

I was a little disappointed with how the movie ended, but I understand it. I wanted closure for the situation that caused the infection. The movie was focused more on the people surviving it though, so in that regard there was a sense of closure. I think it still could have been a bit better, but oh well.

All in all, I wouldn't buy this movie to keep it in my collection. I would recommend it to those who enjoy a good 'zombie' movie or other similar types. Again, those who can't handle the blood and violence should stay away. There is also the threat of rape in one part of the movie. No rape actually happens, but those who have been raped might find the scenes difficult and could possible be a trigger.

My vote is 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

No comments: