Wednesday, March 31, 2004

"FOOLS" Day??


April 1st is tomorrow. Traditionally it's called by some, April Fools Day. Until a few years ago I didn't give this much thought. It was a day to watch your back at work or school or where ever. Now I see that it's not all fun and games.

If you're a practical joker, use common sense and courtesy. Some people do not like to be 'punked'. Before you think, "Oh they just don't have a sense of humor," consider why they may not enjoy being pranked. Maybe they lost someone very special to them on April 1st or something tragic, such as a rape, happened on that date. How would your sense of humor be?

Keep your 'victim' in mind when you are planning your jokes. I've known guys that'll go back and forth all the time and both enjoy it. Others do not. I personally am not a fan of it, but I don't care usually. My rule is that if you're going to mess with me, mess with ME not my stuff. I've had my office rearranged, my car marked up with shoe polish and other similar things. Those things piss me off. Pull a fast one on me and I'll find it amusing, maybe.

Please consider this tomorrow. Some people find April 1st a solemn or even a sad day. Consider and respect their feelings.

No comments: