Saturday, July 03, 2004

House Hunting

Sorry I've not been writing much lately. I've started the house hunt. It's a long drawn out process but I'm learning a lot about myself and what I want, as well as about the whole process.

I just drove about 50+ miles around where I live now, checking out neighborhoods. I'm afraid however that it was fruitless. I drove as far as 30 miles out from where I am now, which is about 10 miles from downtown Nashville and about 20-30 minutes commute, depending on traffic. I can't see adding on that much more of a drive. It just isn't worth it. The homes were nearly the same price too. They had a bit more acreage, but still, that's a long way out! I think I'd be perfect for someone who wanted to get out of the city, really out, and enjoy a bit more of the simple life. I'm just not ready for that. I like the conveniences of the city and the medium length commute to work.

So I'm off to check out some other neighborhoods. Wish me luck.

No comments: