Sunday, September 07, 2003

Busy Busy


Well I started my first full semester at Belmont University. I took a summer class, but this is my first 'official' semester. It's weird being back in school again. I walk on campus and see fresh faced teens running around. I know that i'm about ten years older than most of them and in a totally different place in my life than they are.

I remember those times. They were innocent and fun. The first taste of freedom that quickly became the more bitter taste of responsibility. I hope for their sakes they don't go through what I did. I didn't know what I wanted to do for the first two, ok ok 7 years. Yes I took class after class with no direction for nearly 7 years. I took a two year track for computers, but that school was closed, leaving me to go back and try again.

Anyway, finally after all this time I realized that I must go back to school. I need the education that returning to school provides. I've been working in IT for the last 7 to 8 years now, but I've come to a bit of a dead end. My tech skills are fine, but my business skills are limited and weak. So I'm working on a business degree.

I'm taking Statistics and Business Law this fall. I skipped stats the first time around, but I can't this time. Oh well, it'll suck, but I can get through it. The business law class doesn't start until November. It's a 4 week accelerated weekend class. I've heard from a number of people that it's a fun and interesting class. I hope they are right.

Going back to school has really made things extreamly busy for me though. Ok "extreamly" may be the wrong word, but I've not quite adjusted yet. As the semester progresses it'll get easier. I hope!

No comments: